This accessibility statement applies to the website of the Ministry for Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitisation and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (MWIDE) published at www.gründen.nrw.
Accessibility of this website
The Ministry of Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitisation and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia endeavours to make its websites accessible. Websites should be designed in such a way that they comply with the national legal provisions for the implementation of Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament. The following accessibility statement applies to the website www.gründen.nrw and was prepared on 4 November 2020.
Status of compatibility with the requirements for accessible information technology
Based on the review so far, the website is partially compatible with the aforementioned requirements due to the following incompatibilities. The contents listed below are not accessible for the following reasons:
- Not all components (widgets such as navigations) are fully compatible with the success criterion 2.2.1 WCAG 2.1 (keyboard). Some components are still being optimised for use with a keyboard.
- Not all text contrasts are compatible with success criterion 1.4.3 WCAG 2.1 (text contrasts sufficient). The text contrasts are currently being optimised.
- Not all components (widgets such as audio player and navigation) are fully compatible with the success criterion 4.1.2 WCAG 2.1 (name, role, value available). Some components are still being optimised with the help of WAI-ARIA.
- Not all audio files are compatible with success criterion 1.2.1 WCAG 2.1 (audio files and silent videos - recorded). We are working on providing an alternative (transcript) for all audio files.
- Some components (widgets such as audio players) meet the success criterion 1.4.4. WCAG 2.1 (text can be enlarged to 200%) and 1.4.10 WCAG 2.1 (content breaks) are not compatible. We are working on making this content accessible and usable when enlarged.
We are currently working on improving the accessibility of the site. However, we must ask for a little patience as these involves intervention in the programming of the site.
Preparation of this statement
This declaration was drawn up on 4 November 2020 in Düsseldorf and was last updated on 4 November 2020.
Feedback and contact
Have you noticed any deficiencies in the accessibility of content on this website? Or do you have questions about accessibility? You are welcome to contact us if so.
Simply contact us by post or by phone:
Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Innovation, Digitalisierung und Energie des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen
Berger Allee 25
Telephone: +49 (0) 211 61772 0
Monitoring centre for accessible information technology of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
The monitoring centre for accessible information technology of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia regularly checks whether and to what extent websites and mobile applications of public bodies in the State meet the requirements for accessible access.
The aim of the work of the monitoring body is to ensure compliance with the requirements for accessible information technology and to ensure that the legal regulations are implemented across the board.
You can send an e-mail to the monitoring agency using the e-mail address email@example.com.
Further information on the monitoring agency can be found here (in German only).
Arbitration / enforcement proceedings
If you do not receive a satisfactory answer to communications or inquiries about accessible information technology on this website, you can contact the ombudsman for accessible information technology of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. The ombudsman is assigned to represent the interests of people with disabilities and is anchored in §§ 10d, 10e FCSA NRW and §§ 9 ff of the BITV NRW. With the involvement of all those involved, the ombudsman tries to determine the circumstances of the lack of accessibility so that the institution can remedy this. It is not about finding winners or losers. Rather, the aim is to find a solution to a problem jointly and extra judicially with the help of the arbitration board.
The arbitration procedure is free of charge. You also do not need legal assistance.
The ombudsman for accessible information technology in NRW can be reached by telephoning the following number: +49 (0) 211 855-3451.
You can find more information about the ombudsman for accessible information technology in NRW here (in German only).